Aren’t smoothies the best?! Not only are they creamy, cooling, and quick, but they can secretly contain tons of veggies and antioxidants. Inspired by Juiceland’s Rehydrator, this refreshing smoothie packs in three different veggies (but no one will know by tasting it!).
It’s sweet, tart, SO vibrant, plant-based, and bursting with freshness (hello mango, raspberry, beet, and carrot). Just 8 ingredients, 5 minutes, and 1 blender required. Let’s do this!
How to Make This Mango Beet Smoothie
This vibrant veggie and fruit-packed smoothie begins with frozen mango for a sweet, creamy base, plus frozen raspberries for tartness, antioxidants, and fiber.
Next, we add chopped beet, which contributes the vibrant red color, plus folate, antioxidants, and heart health benefits. Whenever there are extra beets around, we chop, steam, and freeze them for smoothies. If you’re into that, too, add our Red Velvet Cake Smoothie to your to-try list!
The remaining ingredients include carrots and spinach to complete the trio of hidden veggies, lime juice for brightness, and ginger and mint for freshness. Then add water (or coconut water) and blend it up until it’s smooth and creamy!
We hope you LOVE this mango beet smoothie! It’s:
Sweet + tart
& SO delicious!
It makes a great snack on hot days or before or after exercising. Or, serve it for breakfast or brunch alongside our Easy Tempeh Bacon, Fluffy Vegan Scrambled Eggs, and/or Blender Banana Pancakes (Gluten-Free!).
More Ways to Enjoy Beets
- Super Cleansing Slaw with Rosemary Dressing
- How to Make Sauerkraut
- Curried Beet Soup with Tandoori Chickpeas
- The Best Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Cupcakes
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Vibrant Mango Beet Smoothie (Antioxidant-Packed!)
- 1 ½cupsfrozen mango
- 3/4cupfrozen raspberries(or sub mixed berries)
- 1/2cupsteamed and frozen beet*(or sub more carrot)
- 1smallcarrot, chopped(1 small carrot yields ~1/4 cup)
- 1(1-2 inch) piecefresh ginger, peeling optional
- 1large handfulfresh spinach
- 2Tbsplime juice(1 small lime yields ~2 Tbsp or 30 ml)
- 6-7leavesfresh mint
- 1-2cupswater(or sub coconut water for sweetness and electrolytes)
- Add all ingredients (starting with the lesser amount of water) to a high-speed blender and blend on high until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed. If it has trouble blending, add more water.
- Taste and adjust as needed, adding more mango for sweetness or lime juice for brightness!
- Best when fresh. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours, or frozen into ice cube or popsicle molds and stored in the freezer for 1 month.
*Prep time assumes using already steamed and frozen beets.
*Inspired by the rehydrator smoothie at Juiceland.