Do you like to travel, take road trips, or go on hikes?
If you’re like us and are always in need of a snack but don’t like what most airports and convenience stores have to offer, make your own!
We like to take this trail mix on adventures and find that it is perfect for fueling us between meals. Plus, it’s made with just 3 ingredients and only requires 20 minutes and 1 pan!
To begin, toast raw cashews in the oven until they are golden brown and fragrant. Then add coconut flakes and continue toasting until you end up with cashews and coconut with a nice crunch and toasted flavor.
Once the cashews and coconut have cooled slightly, simply add the chopped dried mango (or other dried fruit). The result is a quick and tasty snack that makes you feel like you’re in the tropics!
We hope you’ll LOVE this snack as much as we do. It’s
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
3-Ingredient Tropical Trail Mix
- 2cupsraw nuts (cashews are best*)
- 1/2cuplarge flake unsweetened coconut (small flakes work well, too)
- 5ounces dried mango*, chopped/cut into bite-size pieces(5 ounces yields ~ 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (162 C) and arrange nuts on a baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown and fragrant. In the last few minutes of baking (around the 8-minute mark), add the coconut flake — it should only take a few minutes to toast.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Then add dried fruit of choice. Enjoy immediately. Store at room temperature for up to 2 weeks (sometimes longer), or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
*If you aren’t into mango, sub another dried fruit such as pineapple, cherry, or banana. And if you aren’t into coconut, simply leave it out or sub it with more dried fruit!
*Recipe as originally written yields ~3 ½ cups trail mix